Thursday, July 10, 2008

A Mink and the Blues Fest...

So, right after work to-day, I headed over towards the Blues Fest down in the old Lebreton Flats, area. After a short walk from the old train bridge area near the O-train, I found myself seated on a hill, with long grasses growing wild, all around me. There were a few colonies of Purple Vetch or "wild peas" as I like to refer to them, growing in patches close at hand. At the edge of the long grass, a number of Wild Carrots, wave their dainty lacy heads, in the refreshing breeze, blowing off the river. There's little or no humidity in the air tonight and that feels good too.

With a few mid-sized trees at my back and the river, straight ahead, while off to my right, a couple of hundred yards away, the powerful tunes, from the Blues Fest, serenade my ears. Two stages are set up over there and you can hear some of the cross-talk between them, whenever the wind shifts. The scents from the various wildflowers, caress my nostrils, as my ears soak up the luxury of the great musical art, wafting my way on the air-stream. I lose myself there, for two set changes and I reflect on just how good it feels to be alive, right there and right then...

Tons of people attend this affair every year but I'm not really big on crowds. Perched as I am, I get great tuneage without the crowds so my choice of kool little hill, is the best of both worlds to-day, for this ol' doggy anyway...


Hello human...


Wildlife shots are not my specialty, as you can see by this shot of a Mink. I loved the fact that he was so close to me and that I happened to have a camera with me, when he showed up. So, you at least get to see what a real Mink looks like, sorta...

later,

lb

Cool Mink

It's the only Mink shot I have so I'll have to send it over to my Flickr Photostream too...

No comments: