Saturday, July 11, 2009

Sean Gibb & His Large Mouth Bass...

Meet the Gibb's...

Sean Gibb and a Big Bass...

Down at Dow's Lake last week-end, young Sean Gibb seen here with his proud dad, showed me how to hook a real nice Large Mouth Bass, off the dock! Yup! On the first cast, with a little straight shafted spinner, this fine Largie turned that little fishin' pole of his, into a high-tech, horse-shoe shaped piece of throbbing and bucking life! Splash, crash, smash, biff, bamm and more splashes and finally then with a deft grip by dad and a teeny bit of coachin' from yours truly, Sean soon had the biggest fish of his life, in hand.

I'm positive that the memory of that toe-to-toe bassin' battle, will be stuck in this little boy's mind for quite a while! :-)

I was thrilled to be lucky enough to be there when it all happened. Grateful that I had packed my little Pentax along in my handlebar bag too. As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words and this one is no exception. Also, I have to say that this little fella remained calm and cool throughout the whole thing. I personally know a few adults that would have been flippin' out, fighting a fish this size, but not our boy Sean. No Sir-ree Bob! Thumbs Up to You Sean Gibb, ya done Reel Good Son! :-)

I'm looking forward to perhaps meetin' up with the Gibb's again one day, down on the docks...

later,

No comments: