Friday, November 16, 2007

...Some thoughts on Survivin'

Because I frequent a number of good forums on the internet these days, I'm privy to some very interesting material. There are lots of folks out there that are really into some of the stuff I'm into and we all get together around a virtual campfire and exchange our ideas, thoughts and beliefs for the benefit of the entire membership. Now THAT Rocks! One of my biggest things has always been Outdoorsy stuff. The net reveals a pile of outdoor flavored data but I've hand-selected a choice few websites that I will be sharing with my readers, so keep a watch out for more of 'em. Here's the first...

This my new friend, is a hyper-link to a totally awesome Outdoorsy forum which I do indeed frequent. The "Woods" is the place to be and is quite active on a regular basis. It's also home to a great many, very personable folks that welcome newbies graciously, to this big ol' outdoorsy world. And, for my fair readers in here of the female persuasion, you too, can be assured that a good number of versatile, outdoorsy ladies are over in there too, like a grubby ol' pair o' Levis! ;-) You'll be in good company on this forum girls and you'll make friends real quick too, I'll bet on it. ;-)

Oh ya, when you get there, let 'em know I sent ya, and I get a new ribbon for my hair.:-)) Just kidding, of course, :-) the reward I get is, YOU getting more into outdoorsy stuff with the best crew out there to hook-up with. Hopefully then well see ya over there. Check 'em out when you get a few spare moments...

Survival.com Hoodlum Style...

As you may or may not know, I've been into Survival stuff, in one form or another, nearly all my life. It's a totally real way to open your eyes and ears and mind and learn how basic things can bring on the "Happy's" and that we really don't need all the modern stuff to be content and at peace with ourselves and our lives...

It appears that some of the boys on one of my favorite forums are getting into building survival kits. Well, that sparked a memory from Way, way, way back in 1977 as a matter of fact. I had a small one page article published in Ontario Out Of Doors magazine, that focused on a very small personal survival kit that anyone could put together easily. It was entitled "Micro-Survival" and featured a common 35 mm film canister as the container that housed all the gear. First off, if you haven't done anything like it before, it's pretty cool to see just how much stuff you can jam into one of those little units. I'm going to look around to see if I can find the original article so that I can scan it perhaps or retype it if I have to for anyone of you in here interested in putting together a Micro-Survival kit for yourselves...

In the mean time, here's a couple of shots of a more recent addition to my Survival gear for you to ponder. I'm still in the process of finding the exact contents I want for it and I could even rotate the stuff on an on-going basis to keep it current with what I feel is stuff that I personally need. Your kit would of course be different from mine and therein lies the fun part. Making your very own Personal Survival Kit or PSK as we outdoorsy types call 'em, is fun.

It's a small, soft, kid leather belt pouch about the size of a cell phone holder that presently contains a number of kool items that can ensure my survival anytime in the future. Maybe it will inspire you to put together a little "Survival Kit" for yourselves? That would be really, really neat if you saw the value of one of these small Personal mini survival pouches and then started your own slick little project and coming up with your own custom contents, that would fit your own particular needs.



Anyway, I'll be doing more blurbs on this type of stuff in the future to put more ideas out there for you guys that dig this bush-related gear stuff. Hope y'all like this one, so far, it's one of my coolest and I can wear it anywhere with pride and feeling VERY secure! :-)

Have a large day...

Lar

No comments: